Banking & Insurance
CLS offers the following services to the Banking & Insurance industry.
Complete Laboratory Solutions offers qualitative screening using the OraSure® Oral Specimen Collection device for bloodborne viruses and also for Cotinine testing.
The OraSure® Oral Specimen Collection device collects, contains and preserves oral fluid specimens until they reach the laboratory for analysis. The OraSure® Collection device consists of a treated absorbent cotton fibre pad affixed to a nylon stick and a preservative solution in a plastic container. The pad is placed in contact with the gingival mucosa (between the lower gum and cheek) of the patient and rubbed back and forth gently along the gum line until until the pad is moist. This enhances the flow of mucosal transudate onto the absorptive cotton fibres of the pad. The pad remains stationary for 2-5 minutes. Following the collection period, the collection pad is removed from the mouth and placed into a specimen vial. The vial contains a preservative solution which inhibits the growth of oral microorganisms recovered on the collection pad. The vial is sealed with a plastic cap and transported to the laboratory for analysis.
The sample collected is an ultra-filtrate of blood known as Oral Mucosal Transudate (OMT) and as such offers a really accurate option to identify an individual’s status for blood borne viruses. Now you will only need to collect blood samples for further investigation where infection and/or infectivity have already been identified.
Bloodborne Viruses Smoking
HIV Antibody Cotinine
Hepatitis B (surface Antigen and Core Antibody)
Hepatitis C Antibody
- Blood can be a difficult sample to take especially from persons with an aversion to the process or those with poor veins.
- Staff may be put at risk of transmission via inadvertent needle stick injury.
- Collection is very fast (2 minutes).
- Collection can be taken by any person trained in OMT sample collection.
- Samples are posted back safely and easily in pre-paid envelopes.
- Analysis is carried out using the latest technology by trained technicians in an Irish laboratory.
- Research has proven that this is a reliable and accurate alternative to taking a blood sample for medical screening purposes.
In response to increased legislation and public awareness, pipe and tank sterilisation was established at CLS in 1998, utilising our vast experience in both microbiological and chemical analysis. CLS’s dedicated team of specialists liaises with our clients at every stage of the process, from Legionella Risk Assessments to analysis and interpretation of results.